South Korea COVID-19 News
by Young, Lisa & Henry
South Korea COVID-19 news(updated July 6th)
Life in South Korea
Restricted public spaces
To use the entertainment facility(i.e., bar, club, etc.), the usher will scan personal data stored QR code from your phone.
How to come and learn Korean at Rolling Korea
need a visa
two weeks quarantine
1. Check if you need a visa to travel to South Korea
Required documents for a visa: letter of acceptance, school admission certificate, school schedule, etc.
* If you need them, we can send these files via email.
3. Arrival and two weeks quarantine
1. To prevent transmission of COVID-19, travelers entering Korea after 00:00, April 1st, 2020 (Korea time) are subject to quarantine for 14 days from the day after entry in accordance with relevant laws including the Quarantine Act.
2. Short-term travelers (foreign-nationals) without a confirmed address in Korea are subject to quarantine at a facility designated by the Korean government.
3. The quarantine facility is allocated randomly and cannot be changed for personal reasons. Transportation from the airport to the facility will be provided.
4. The total expense for facility quarantine is KRW 1,400,000 – 2,100,000 (KRW 100,000 – 150,000 daily). The expense should be paid before entering the facility. The expense is not refundable as discharge is not possible during the quarantine period.
5. The expense includes costs for accommodation, meals, etc.
6. The facility is a smoking-free area. You shall not exit the facility nor make any contact with another resident during your stay.
7. If you develop fever, cough, dyspnea, or any symptoms that may indicate infection, you will be tested for COVID-19. Even if you are tested negative, you shall not be discharged before the end of the quarantine period (14 days).
8. If you plan to get a boarding pass for a flight to Korea, you shall complete and submit the Agreement to Facility Quarantine. If you do not agree, your entry to Korea will be denied.
9. Failure of compliance with the guidelines above may be deemed as violation of relevant regulations including the Quarantine Act and result in an order for departure from Korea.
* Those who signed up for the package: you will fill out the following paper at the end of the quarantine. Please contact us via phone or Kakaotalk to make an appointment to pick you up. If you arrive on your own, we’ll provide a send-off service later.
4. Take your first Korean class
* Your safety comes first! We put hand sanitizers, check everyone’s body temperature, and clean the facility regularly.
* You can postpone your Korean class without additional charge amid COVID-19.
Two-week quarantine experience by Celeste
1. Did you know about quarantine before you came to Korea? Were you afraid of or worried about the COVID-19 situation in Korea?
2. How did you get to the quarantine facility? Can you tell me the process from the beginning?
3. What language do they speak?
4. How does the Korean government protect foreigners in quarantine, and what is the cost? Could you be specific?
5. Are you sure you can't go outside? What happens if you break the rule?
6. How was staying in a hotel during the quarantine? Was it comfortable? Do you have any tips for foreigners who travel to South Korea?
7. How was the Rolling Korea pick-up service after the quarantine?
8. How is your life in Korea now?
We will wait for you on the other side.